Insurance Law Service
Insurance law information, advice and referral service available to consumers in Australia.
* All times listed are EST
This is an insurance help-line for Consumers.
WE CANNOT ADVISE YOU ON BUSINESS-RELATED INSURANCE ISSUES .
What we do advise on
- Home Building and or Contents Insurance (including Natural Disasters)
- Consumer Credit Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Funeral Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Superannuation Related Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Motor Vehicle Insurance (other than CTP)
- Debts to insurance companies in relation to motor vehicle accidents
What we do not advise on
- Business Insurance
- Personal Injury
- Home Warranty Insurance
- Workers Compensation
- Compulsory Third Party Insurance (CTP/Greenslip)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Public and Product Liability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Landlord’s Insurance
- Pleasure Craft
- Strata Insurance
- Motor vehicle accidents where no one is insured
- Dissatisfaction with amount of claim or quality of completed repairs
Due to very limited resources, we are only able to provide extensive advice (over the phone or in an email) or provide casework assistance if you are disadvantaged.
Want a copy of your Insurance Report?
Similar to Credit Reports, Insurance Reports are generated from a large database that contains records of consumers and their insurance history.
Frequently Visited Pages
Home and Contents Insurance
The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has formally declared a Catastrophe for bushfire-affected regions in NSW where properties have been severely damaged or destroyed. (...
The Insurance Law Service has updated its website resources by adding a NEW Frequently Asked Questions factsheet.
The Insurance Law Service has commented on a recent paper on Insurance Access released by Good Shepherd Microfinance. ILS agrees with Good Shepherd that limited ...
Jen Lewis, a solicitor at the Insurance Law Service has recently been interviewed on the radio during Sydney Live with Ben Fordham warning consumers about ...
Jen Lewis, a solicitor at the Insurance Law Service has recently been quoted in the media warning consumers about the risks associated with taking out ...